UPDATE MARCH 23,2020 – Fernie Fox Hotel response to Covid-19 concerns.
UPDATED MARCH 23, 2020
In addition the previously announced safety precaution, listed below, we have updated our operating procedures to include these additional steps:
- We now wait 24hrs after check out before we clean the room
- We wait an additional 24 hrs after room is cleaned before we rent it out again
We appreciate your understanding in these unprecedented times.
Increased disinfection and sanitation procedures
The Fernie Fox Hotel takes disinfection and sanitation very seriously. With the ongoing hazards posed by the COVID-19 outbreak, the Fernie Fox Hotel has implemented additional steps to manage sanitation within the hotel to ensure the safety of our guests and staff, and minimize the disease’s spread. The following measures have been implemented with immediate effect, and have been developed in consultation with experts, and follow hospitality disinfection best practices
- ALL staff are required to wash their hands at least once every two hours regardless of their work tasks, or interactions with others.
- Housekeeping has been allocated additional time to clean every room and to place additional care when cleaning ALL customer touchpoints. Staff are ensuring that all:
- Door handles
- Light switches
- TV remotes
- Windows and window handles
- Vending machines
receive increased attention with disinfectants. In addition to staff focusing extra attention on guest and staff touchpoints, a policy to provide a disinfectant wipe down of the entire front desk every hour has been implemented.
- Cleaning and laundry staff are now mandated to wear gloves.
- The concentration of cleaning agent has been increased to ensure complete sanitation. Our cleaning fluid is the same as used in hospital disinfecting procedures.
- Staff have been briefed on how to educate guests about minimizing their exposure.
- Management has taken the additional step to display notices explaining the measures that have been implemented, and steps guests can take to reduce their personal risks.
- Hand sanitation stations have been strategically placed throughout the hotel for guest use.
In response to the need for some people to reconsider their travel plans, the Fernie Fox Hotel has taken the decision to waive the standard cancellation fees relating to direct bookings and will allow guests to rebook on any future date at the same rate as their original booking. For bookings through 3rd party booking engines or agents, guests will need to contact their booking representative.
As always, the safety of staff and guests is our primary concern and we have taken these additional measures as a proactive response to the current situation.
Book direct either by calling 1-877-447-6788, or online at www.ferniefoxhotel.com