Fernie Fox Community Spirit
We are a huge supporter of the businesses in our town and the people in our community doing great things. One of our key corporate values is supporting local and giving back to the Fernie community.
Over the past year we have donated:
$5000 to Fernie Dog Park
$5000 to Elk Valley Hospital (for ultrasound machine)
$5000 to Presley Lewis for university scholarship
$5980 to local sponsorships, including the Fernie Snowmobile Association, Fernie Ghostriders Hockey, and Fernie Chamber of Commerce, and to top things off we will be giving our long term employee $5000.00 this week to go towards her son’s university next year.
We encourage everyone to support local businesses and organizations, as these volunteers and businesses are the heart of keeping the community running, allowing us to provide a great environment for you to either visit or call home.
Some easy ways you can support locally are:
- Visit, or order takeaway from one of your favorite restaurants. Fernie’s culinary scene has something for everyone, from sushi at Yamagoya, Latin American at Nevados, to Indian at Himalyan Spice Bistro. There are numerous locally run coffee shops, two bakeries selling all sorts of bread and treats, and of course, for the end of your day, some amazing local pubs dishing up all the usuals.
- Purchase gifts for family and friends from one of downtowns speciality stores. Green Petal and The Fernie Arts Co-op are a great place to start, with some really unique gifts to offer.
- Instead of carrying your daily groceries from home to Fernie, do your grocery shopping at one of our supermarkets, we have everything you need.
- Buy a spa voucher for that special someone for next time when you return to town.
- Make a friendly donation to your favorite local charity group or volunteer organization.
In conjunction with supporting local, we also partner/sponsor organisations that are aligned with our business. This winter, we sponsored the Fernie Snowmobile Association who do a fantastic job at maintaining, protecting and securing the trails to ensure the safety and enjoyment for all locals and visitors all winter, and are proud supporters of the Fernie Pets Society and the Rail Yard Off-leash Dog Park.