Winter has arrived!
The ski season has arrived in Fernie, our favourite time of the year. But this year, things are different, and to ensure we can stay open to travellers throughout the season, we support Tourism Fernie and the BC Provincial Health Officer’s advice in flattening the curve.
With the ski resort opening on the 5th December, and non-essential travel restrictions in place until at least the December 7th, please ensure you check the BC province updates before you depart on your travels. We continue to remain open, and welcome all contractors and those travelling for essential purposes.
As we have done since March, we have strict hygiene protocols in place to ensure the safety of all our staff and guests. The additional protocols include:
1) All staff are required to wash their hands at least once every two hours regardless of their work tasks, or interactions with others.
2) Housekeeping has been allocated additional time to clean every room and to place additional care when cleaning ALL customer touchpoints. Staff are ensuring that all:
○ Door handles
○ Light switches
○ TV remotes
○ Windows and window handles
○ Vending machines
Receive increased attention with disinfectants. In addition to staff focusing extra attention on guest and staff touchpoints, a policy to provide a disinfectant wipe down the entire front desk every hour has been implemented.
3) Cleaning and laundry staff are mandated to wear gloves.
4) The concentration of the cleaning agent has been increased to ensure stronger sanitation. Our cleaning fluid is the same as used in hospital disinfecting procedures.
5) All common surfaces are sprayed 3 times daily with a hydrostatic sprayer, and all additionally common spaces are sanitized after each use.
6) We have installed air purifiers in the lobby, guest kitchen and all three hallways.
7) Installed forehead temperature reader in the lobby.
8) Installed hand sanitizer stations around the hotel
9) Hot tub, guest kitchen and BBQ area are by reservation only too promote social distancing.
10) Contact tracing information gathered for everyone who enters the hotel.
11) COVID signage, COVID plan and staff expectations are posted around the hotel.
Furthermore, staff have been briefed on how to educate guests, and management has taken the additional step to display notices explaining the measures that have been implemented, and steps guests can take to reduce their personal risks. Hand sanitation stations have been strategically placed throughout the hotel for guest use.
As always we gratefully welcome you, and cannot wait to have you stay with us this winter.