We have scored a global Green Key rating for sustainability
We are thrilled to have received a 4 Green Key rating with Green Key Global – a credential representing the leading standard of excellence in the field of environmental responsibility and sustainable operation within the tourism industry.
This prestigious eco-label represents the level of environmental initiatives that we have in place at the hotel to qualify for this level of recognition. We have successfully achieved this rating with our numerous sustainable initiatives including:
- Installation of solar panels on the hotel roof to provide clean energy to power the hotel, reducing the impact on the energy supply for local residents.
- Implement a policy of purchasing low energy equipment for electrical devices such as fridges, TVs and microwaves.
- Education of guests about how they can make a positive contribution to local biodiversity and conservation efforts.
- Encouragement of guests to explore the destination beyond the boundaries of the property.
- Include environmental aspects into employee training, such as how to reduce energy, water and waste.
- Installation of two Electric Vehicle (EV) charging stations – 1x 40 Amp Universal Destination Charger and 1x 60 Amp Tesla Destination Charger.
- All guest room tent cards and information binders have moved from paper to digital.
- Regular internal energy audit.
- Guest information brochures and pamphlets online.
- All incandescent light bulbs have been replaced with LED bulbs.
- LED lighting installed behind all signage.
- Purchase and installation of the most efficient hot water heater on the market, “The Cyclone”.
- Replaced hotel linen washers and dryers with the latest-model energy-efficient versions.
- We also use an energy management system (Control 4) to reduce our energy use throughout the hotel.
- Dimming lights in hallways and stairwells when no guest is present
- Fridges and microwaves are turned off when the room is vacant
- Guest room lighting is turned off automatically when guests check out.
- Controlling our A/C and Heating units so there is no wasted energy
- Monitors our electricity use and sends alerts when we have high energy usage
We are so proud of our team for adhering to our level of environmental practices every day, and our guests who support our mission, with the combined intention to always give back to our community and our environment.
We can’t wait to see what else we can achieve together!
More on Green Key Global can be found on their website.